Announcements and Important Events
WINTER SPORT ATHLETES AND PARENTS
CRU CARDS: If your son or daughter is planning to try out for a winter sport, he/she must have a CRU Card prior to trying out each season. CRU Cards are given out by the athletic office and are a way for us to track all the necessary paperwork prior to the start of the season. Below is a list of requirements that must be completed for student athletes to receive a CRU Card. CRU Cards are required by the coaches the first day of tryouts/practice for athletes to participate.
- Physical dated after April 15, 2019 turned in to the athletic office (physical forms are available by clicking here).
- ImPACT Baseline Concussion Testing complete – To be done every other year. Athletes in all winter sports EXCEPT bowling need to have an up to date ImPACT test. ImPACT testing will be held on October 21 at 3 p.m., October 22 at 3 p.m., and October 29 at 7 a.m. and 3 p.m. in the blue computer room at school. Typically freshman and junior students are the ones requiring an ImPACT test; please contact the Athletic Office if you have questions on if your student requires an ImPACT test.
You can go to the following link to sign up this testing: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/10C0449ABA922A3FC1-20192020
- Academic Eligibility & Transfer Eligibility – To be completed by the athletic office.
- Register your child for their winter sport and complete the required “FinalForms” paperwork. This includes medical information, travel permission, and athletic handbooks. Access our site by clicking here: https://unitychristian-mi.finalforms.com. IMPORTANT: You must pick a winter sport first for your child in order for the athletics forms to show up on your child’s Final Forms page. If your son or daughter participated in a fall sport and they plan on a winter sport, please log into FinalForms to make sure information is updated and they are marked down as trying out for a winter sport.
- Once the requirements are met, athletes can stop in the Athletic Office to pick up their CRU Card during break or lunch starting on Monday, October 28.
WINTER SPORT TRYOUTS: Remember – if your son or daughter is planning to try out for a winter sport and has not yet turned in a physical to the office dated after April 15, 2019, he/she must do so in order to participate in practice or tryouts. A schedule of winter sport tryouts/practices can be found below and at this link:
The first date for tryouts/practices for winter sports is:
- November 4 Hockey (cooperative program with Hudsonville H.S.)
- November 11 Girls Basketball
- November 18 Boys Basketball, Boys/Girls Bowling, Wrestling
- November 25 Boys Swimming (cooperative program with Hudsonville H.S.)
As always, please feel free to contact the Athletic Office with any questions you may have!