Announcements and Important Events
To tryout for a Spring Sport (Baseball, Softball, Girls Soccer, Girls Tennis, Boys Golf, Lacrosse, Track) you must have a CRU Card prior to the first day of tryouts. Once you have completed all of the following steps, you may pick up your card on or after the date listed below. Cards are to be turned in to your coach (Exception: Lacrosse).
CRU Card Requirements
- Physical dated after April 15, 2018 turned in to the Athletic Office. If you have not gotten your physical yet here are a couple of great options if you can not get into your family doctor.
- Spectrum Health West Pavilion - You will be subject to urgent care wait times. Cost is approximately $55. Click HERE to see current wait times or for more information.
- Metro Health Sports Medicine - Appointment necessary, but typically more availability than your standard office. Click HERE for more information and contact info.
- Final Forms information filled out and signed by parents. Click HERE to access the Final Forms site where you will input your information. If you completed this in the fall, you don't need to do it again, but are able to update your information. Remember to mark down whatever sport your son or daughter plans to try out for.
- Final Forms documents signed by student (only has to be signed once per year).
- ImPact Baseline Concussion Testing (Baseball, Softball, Girls Soccer, Lacrosse must have an up to date baseline, within the last two school years). Please check Final Forms for when your test expires. Sign up HERE to take an ImPact Test.
Dates available for the ImPact Test:
February 20 -- 7:00 a.m. & 3:00 p.m.
March 5 -- 7:00 a.m. & 3:00 p.m.
March 8 -- 7:00 a.m. (Last chance testing only; see Ms. Felton)
CRU Card Availability/ Tryout Dates:
CRU Cards will be available to students for pick up the week of March 4. More information will be available as that date approaches.
Spring sports begin March 11. Those without a CRU card will not be able to try out until the requirements have been met.
Unity requires that all athletes have primary insurance. Unity offers secondary insurance. Students whose family does not have insurance or has “My Child” insurance must contact the Athletic Director who will provide information about temporary insurance during the athlete’s sport season.